Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I'll have my bacon with a side of bacon.

If you're like most people (and dogs) in the world...you LOVE you some bacon. John is no different. He would have bacon at every meal if he could. But alas, since I cook for him most of the time, he does not get bacon at every meal. I will however make him bacon-wrapped goodies sometimes...so here ya go!
Bacon wrapped egg muffins:
Spray muffin pans with non-stick spray, wrap bacon strips around the edge of each muffin slot...
 Crack eggs inside of the bacon...
 Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes...and BOOM!
Look how YUMMY these look! Gah I wanted to eat them all, but I made myself some plain egg white muffins as a substitute :(
These could be easily made with turkey bacon instead of pork, which is what I plan to do next time so that I can get my bacon fix too!
Each muffin (with whole egg and bacon) is about 150 Calories (12 g Fat, 0 g Carb, 10 g Protein), but this will vary depending on your egg size and bacon thickness/smoke flavor.
If you make them with bacon and egg WHITES, the macros look more like: 95 Calories (6 g Fat, 1 g Carb, 8 g Protein). I usually use whites instead of eggs when I make eggs for myself to reduce fat content, but occasionally I'll indulge :)

Whatever variation you choose, these are delicious and a satisfying treat if you're craving something savory in the morning! They also keep really well, so I made about 20 and they kept for a week or so :)
Hope you have a great day!
♥MK

No comments:

Post a Comment