Sunday, February 24, 2013

Bye Bye Calories!

Hello! WOW have I had a positive week :) I hope you all can say the same!
Even through the snow storm, I managed to workout for an hour every day, and chose to walk home in addition to that instead of waiting for a bus! I think what helped me the most was choosing a different type of exercise every day.
Monday- 20 minutes running at 6 mph on treadmill, followed by 30 minutes of brisk walking at 4 mph.
Tuesday- Long walk home from the other side of campus (about 40 minutes).
Wednesday- Legs day! Lifting lifting lifting. Squats, RDL, Bar-wiper abs. 30 minutes of 4mph walking on treadmill, followed by 30 minute walk home feeling like I had no legs!
Thursday- Hot yoga (to try and revive my screaming legs)
Friday- Day off (my aunt was here from Texas!)
Saturday- Insanity Plyo Cardio circuit
Sunday- Lifting with John! (yay his day off!)

Here are a couple of new things I ate/cooked this week!
Orzo pasta with ground pork sausage and chopped cherry tomatoes!
Brown sausage in a pan on low-medium heat
Put orzo in boiling water for 9 minutes, drain if necessary (mine cooked just like rice)
Mix sausage into pot of orzo...then add veggies, cheese or whatever else looks good to you!
(I also tossed mine with a tiny bit of olive oil)

Egg, tomato, cheddar cheese, and spinach omelet!
The preparation is mostly preference, but I whisk my eggs (2) with a little milk in a bowl, add the tomatoes to the pan (medium-low heat) first, then the whisked eggs, flip everything to thoroughly cook egg, add cheese and spinach...and VOILA! Yummy breakfast for one.
I also made John an omelet, but his was meat and cheese vs. my veggies and cheese.

I also recently invested in a scale...I honestly wonder how I ever survived without it! It is SO helpful, and really interesting to see what foods I was over AND underestimating.

I have reminders EVERYWHERE about how close to spring break we are (John and I are headed to FLORIDA woo hoo!) and so far so good at keeping on track. As always, my biggest vice is alcohol... But keeping myself away from the "bar scene" has been actually pretty easy, as we're trying to save for Florida. This weekend consisted of workouts and family time for this 21 year old :). I love to have a beer or glass of wine with dinner after a long day and relax with John and Bear, but I have been tracking those Calories like crazy to keep myself on point.
Have a great week!
♥MK

No comments:

Post a Comment