Monday, February 18, 2013

V-day Temptations...CONQUERED!

Wow, time FLIES if I don't remind myself to post! Whoops
Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day, mine was magical ;) Especially because I ignored my chocolate cravings and stayed strict with my cal-counting. John gave me the classic heart-shaped chocolate box, which is still sitting pretty on the kitchen counter (next to my beautfiul roses, so I'll have to forgive him for the temptation). Wednesday night we went out for sushi (my ultimate vice), and I was actually pleasantly surprised with some new rolls that had no sauce or high-cal add ons. My guilty pleasure is not looking so guilty anymore! Thursday night John had to work until 9, so we had a late dinner at home. Here's a breakdown and how-to of what I made!
Bacon wrapped bay scallops:
-pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
-cut bacon strips into thirds, place scallop on each strip, wrap around and use toothpick to secure. I evenly spaced these on a foil-covered baking sheet lightly brushed with olive oil.
-season with whatever you'd like! I used lemon pepper and garlic and it was to DIE for.
-bake for 20 minutes and BOOM...you have finger food that every seafood lover will crave.
As a side I sauteed some bell peppers in olive oil for about 5 minutes :)
(in the top right corner of the plate are scallops that don't have bacon)These last couple weeks have been really good and HEALTHY for me :) On average, I am under my calorie goal 6 out of 7 days a week, and definitely further towards my weight goal than last post.

I also have to give a little plug for my new hair salon...I've been looking for a place as good as the one I had back home, and finally found a keeper! I don't think the name does its professional nature justice, but Groovy Katz Salon will now be getting my regular business. It is an Aveda salon, and my hair looks and feels amazing! They accidentally scheduled my appointment for a time that didn't work, so I had about a half an hour wait...but because of that, the whole thing was FREE. Including a deep conditioning treatment that usually runs for about $15, scalp massage, cut and style. I saw Tarra, and would highly recommend her, for any of you in the Iowa City area.
 
 
I'll leave you all with a picture of my dog, Bear, who has apparently decided to join in our fitness journey!
Photo: #yoga Bear. #puppylove
 

♥MK

No comments:

Post a Comment