Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fitness Buddy!

Hello everyone!
I hope you are feeling as good as I am today!

Yesterday was HORRIBLE, as I suffer from migraines and got possibly the worst and most debilitating one I've ever had...but it makes the pain-free day that is today feel SO AMAZING! (Trying to see the glass as half-full :)) Long story short I didn't get a workout in, but did keep with my diet plan.

Since John and I moved into the new place last week, I've been very busy, but in a good way! "Good stress" if there is such a thing.. haha. Another positive of the new environment, John has decided to join me on my healthier journey! He is also a previous competitive athlete (high school and college), and has decided he would like to increase muscle mass and, in turn, gain some weight. Our diets are not going to be identical, obviously, since I am not trying to gain weight... but some things like cutting way down on carbs/sugars are on both of our radars.
I really think this is going to make my life a WHOLE lot easier. John is that guy that all of us love to hate, he eats whatever he wants, whenever he wants and essentially loses weight. He has the metabolism of an adolescent boy. Finally, I won't be looking over and craving his Doritos while working on my salad.

Another awesome tool I've discovered recently is a new app/website called: My Fitness Pal
(here's the website: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/).
It is a great tool if you have trouble keeping track of your Calories and Macros throughout the day, like I do. It even has brand names, and an option to scan bar codes to find your foods.

Well I'm off to the rest of my classes, then to meet John at the rec!
♥MK

No comments:

Post a Comment