Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Snack time is the BEST time.

Lately I have grown a new appreciation for my "meals in between meals"...aka the 2nd and 4th meals of my day (I always shoot for 5). 1, 3 and 5 are the classic breakfast, lunch and dinner times...or about 7am, 1pm and 7pm. But the exciting 10am and 4pm meals are really what it's all about!
Here are a couple of "snack" meals I've made myself lately that I absolutely love for quick, easy and delicious food.
#1: edamame with smoked salmon!
I love this because its essentially all raw! How cooked/warm you like your edamame is really personal preference, but I tend to get the steam-in-the-bag variety...which still only takes 4 minutes! I'm not very picky on brand of smoked salmon, but 2 ounces is definitely enough because of how strong the taste is. Altogether this meal was 293 calories: 10.8 grams fat, 18 grams carb, and 31 grams protein! Such an easy way to get protein!!!

#2: avocado caprese salad!
D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S. Seriously though, I think this is the new "staple salad" in our house. Just cut up a large vine tomato, one avocado, and fresh mozzarella (as much as you'd like). I used a whole pound of moz and it was a little cheese heavy, but just barely...so next time I'll probably use a little more of the other two! I seasoned mine with fresh ground pepper and it was perfectly simple. John got a little crafty and added sea salt to his and said it was good too! The calories for this really depend on how much of each ingredient you scoop up...but it is super low-cal and healthy!

 #3: green beans and sea scallops!
I love this for my 4th meal in late afternoon! So simple yet filling! I usually steam my green beans unless I am including them in a stir fry or something along those lines. Scallops can be cooked so many different ways, but so far my favorite is pan-searing in a tiny bit of olive oil! Total calories were 176: 0.5 grams fat, 13.4 grams carb, and 13.7 grams protein!

Have a wonderful evening! 
MK <3


No comments:

Post a Comment