Friday, June 7, 2013

OOIAJ! (Recipe)

I AM IN LOVE WITH WHAT I JUST CREATED.
I have been hearing of a lot of people trying this "overnight oats in a jar" deal lately and decided to try my own recipe last night. BOY was it worth it.
Here's what I used in mine:
1/2 cup dry oats
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
3/4 cup (vanilla) greek yogurt
1 cup almond milk (I use Blue Diamond vanilla)
2 tbsp chocolate PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
a dash of chia seeds (didn't really measure)
1 Dole banana

 The visual finished product definitely doesn't do the taste justice lol...
 This is what it looked like last night before I stuck it in the fridge.
Birds eye view...

Layer all ingredients on top of the oats (the order I listed them in above was my order), put a lid on your jar and stick it in the fridge overnight. In the morning...eat. SERIOUSLY it's that easy and they will blow your mind people. I highly suggest trying this. It's great for on-the-go, and HEALTHY. I don't know if there's a better combination in the morning, especially since I'm usually running late anywhere I go haha.
Macros:
640 Calories (I split it up into two meals)
13g Fat
88g Carb
47g Protein

Half the reason I'm so excited about this revelation is because there are endless possibilities for flavors! Different flavored protein powder, all kinds of fruits, nut butter...WHATEVER YOU WANT.
Enjoy :)

♥MK

No comments:

Post a Comment