Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A$$ A$$ A$$. (Leg/glute workout)

Personally, I don't know why so many people fear "leg day"...I LIVE FOR THE BURN! Seriously, what feels better than waking up the next morning with dead legs?! (Cricket...cricket) Haha okay maybe I'm a little weird in that sense but honestly, I love working my lower body.
This workout is my general leg day arsenal of exercises. Some days I'll substitute others in depending on injuries/how my body is feeling, but I generally use these!
 
1. (Deep) Back squats
 Start by standing feet shoulder-width apart, with the bar across your upper back/shoulders.


 Start the squat motion by acting as if you are going to sit back in a chair. You should not bend over at the waist, instead keep your chest up and focus on moving only your lower body.
 The end position: knees directly over or slightly behind toes (this angle is a little weird for seeing this), chest still up and forward. When pushing back up to return to the start position, use your legs and core, NOT your back. This could (and has for me) lead to serious injuries.


2. Dumbbell Lunges

Step one foot out in front of your body at a (near) 90 degree angle, leaving the other behind and bent at a (near) 90 degree angle. Push up on front foot and pull back leg forward to alternate the motion between legs. Repeat!
 
3. RDL
 Start with your knees slightly bent (too straight may strain your back and/or hamstrings), holding the bar in front of your body.
Slowly bend down, keeping your chest elevated while lowering the bar to your shins.
This exercise can also be done as "Single leg RDL". One leg is anchored to the ground as the other stays lifted and not assisting in any way. It requires more balance, and you will have to do less weight than with both legs because of the added effort of each anchor leg. Try them both and see which you prefer!

♥MK

No comments:

Post a Comment